Monday, February 25, 2008

Fun says, "Choosing and Not Choosing."

Once there was a gemstone that was not a stone,
Yellowish, round and smooth,
Bringing joy and delight to the eye that beholds it,
And sothing to the palm that holds it.

Then came a piece of wood,
Artistically carved,
Sculptured to a beauty never before,
Making it precious and rare.

How can I choose between them?
Though they are not equal,
In terms of price, rarity and beauty,
They are equal in value to me.

One is far away,
Yet shining attractively to my face,
Another is near,
But facing another direction.

I wish I can choose not to choose,
Sitting on it,
Waiting for both to come to my possession.

However, it is not a good thing to do,
For only one valuable is assigned for a person,
Thus I will pain myself,
Trying to choose.

May there be light,
Light for me to see,
That I may choose the one,
That will cause to all the least pain.

To HaShem I pray,
Give me guidance,
Lest I cause 2 valuables to lost their worth,
And hurt myself in the process...

No comments: